There is something about the snow falling that makes me extra grateful. Grateful that I have a warm home and plenty of food in the cupboards. And grateful that the chaos of my life is coming to a halt.
I finished up my last wedding of my busy season this weekend in Moab and I have to say, I’m soooooo relieved to be mostly done! I have 2 more weddings left, one in November and one in December, totally manageable! I feel like I can finally breathe! I did a pretty poor job of balancing work with my personal life over the past 6 months. It’s hard to do much of anything when you have 80,000 images waiting to be edited! I took on a lot of weddings this year to help out with the purchase of our house. And while I’m glad that I did, because it really helped us out with out down payment and closing costs, I can definitely say that I never want to shoot this much again!
I’m sooooo excited for this winter, and my off-season. I am compiling a list of things I want to do with my extra time:
- Work out 5 days/week (I’m at 3 right now)
- Unpack, organize and clean our basement
- Start more personal photography projects
- Find some cute Christmas decor
- Get Christmas shopping done early
- Paint our downstairs bathroom
- Print out all our 2011 photos and organize them
- Weekly lunch dates with David (yay!)
- Master high altitude baking (haha ya right, that will never happen)
- Spend more time with family and friends
- Read a few good books
- Sleep! =)
Here are a few pics I snapped this morning!