I have too many disjointed thoughts to make a full and coherent post, so I thought I’d rock it in bullet point style today:
- I didn’t get the job at the acupuncture clinic. Part of me is sad (I want some stable income!) and part of me is glad (I don’t want a boss!).
- Today, David witnessed a rollover car accident while on a bike ride. He ran and helped pull a poor lady from her car. What a great guy! I had a similar experience a few weeks ago where I witnessed an accident and had to pull an elderly man out of his car. What are the odds that we both have that experience in such a short timeframe?
- I’m shooting my first celebrity wedding this summer! Eek! I’ve signed my life away in nondisclosure statements, confidentiality agreements and contracts, so I can’t say who it is, but I’m excited!!! There are rumors that Brad & Angelina might be guests at the wedding, that would be crazy! Here’s the view from the wedding site:
- We’re in the beginning stages of planning a vacation this summer for our anniversary. The original plan was to take a family vacation to the Dominican Republic, but our fertility treatments got the best of our savings account, so we have to scale back big time. We’re thinking of doing another road trip/camping tour of western Colorado and Utah. I’d like to spend some more time in Moab, maybe see Canyonlands and go rafting on the Colorado River. We’ll see what we come up with!
- We both officially have recovered from the stomach flu. Bleh. Poor David woke up the other day and was throwing up and in absolutely painful agony. I freaked and thought he had appendicitis and took him to the ER. Turns out it was the stomach flu. =( I had a wedding in 48 hours so I prayed and prayed and PRAYED that I wouldn’t get it. But of course, 12 hours before the wedding, it hit me too. Let’s just say that photographing a wedding with the stomach flu is at the tippy top of my list of things I never want to do again.
- We’re being prayed over this weekend by a retired pastor who has felt a special call on his heart to pray over couples struggling with infertility. He and his wife have prayed over many couples and amazingly, most of them have gotten pregnant within a year or so. My dear friend Christine is one of them! No, I don’t think he is some miracle worker…I don’t think I’ll instantly get pregnant tomorrow…but there is something undeniable about when God gives someone a special calling and gift like this. And I’ve never been one to turn away prayer when it is offered to me. =)
- Ride the Rockies starts in a week! It is a 6 day bike race through Colorado that covers almost 500 miles and David is going to be riding in it and also covering it for our local newspaper. I get to photograph it as a freelance position for the newspaper as well. We’ll have 6 days of beautiful views, lots of Gatorade, cheering and sleeping in a field with 2,000 other cyclists. We should walk away with a lot of memories!
- Looks like we’re getting a new kitchen floor. Our current kitchen floor was damaged when the appliances were being installed before we even moved in. We’ve been trying for over a year to have the builder fix it for us. It’s a simple fix, they just needed to replace a few boards, but they kept dragging their feet. Now the wood is discontinued and can’t be ordered anymore. So they are installing a whole new floor for us, not a bad deal! We decided on a hand scraped hickory, I can’t wait!
Ok, I think that’s all for my disjointed random post today. I hope y’all have a wonderful weekend!! =)