Although my brain functioning has increased from 15% last month to about 88% this month, I thought I’d do another bullet point post. To be honest, I just like them. So here we go!
- This is my first week without any shoots, weddings, meetings, consultations, walk throughs, orders to pick up, editing or albums to design. I opened my calendar this morning and saw blank pages staring back at me, it was glorious. I have seven whole glorious days with nothing on my calendar. Well, aside from my other job 😉
- Gel Shellac. Apparently I have been living under a rock because I had no idea that gel nails existed until a few weeks ago. I was admiring my sister’s manicure…it was so shiny and perfect and when she casually mention that she had it done a week or two prior, my jaw dropped. I could not believe her manicure was 12 days old, it looked so perfect! It was then that I learned about gel nails and I jumped on board right away! In case you’ve been living under a rock too, it’s a special type of nail polish that goes on just like regular polish, but it cures under a UV light for a few minutes. This curing hardens the polish and it doesn’t chip, peel, fade or rub off for up to 3 weeks. 3 weeks!!! Apparently gel manicures go for $30-$50 in nail salons so I figured I’d just do it myself since I’m pretty good at manicures. I immediately bought a UV lamp and a few colors to start me out and I am hooked! My last manicure lasted 15 days before I decided to redo it, only because it was growing out. If you’re interested, I bought this UV light and I currently am using CND for the base coat, polish and top coat. OPI and Gelish also have gel colors, so I’ll probably try those next!
- By the grace of God, I’m happy to say that as of a few days ago, all of our bills from my hospital surgery have been paid! I’m honestly not quite sure how we managed to do it, aside from trusting in the Lord and His provision. I was lucky enough to book a few last minute portrait sessions and even an elopement. That, combined with 3 jobs, a car that was sold that we partly owned (long story) and generous help from family, we are free and clear of that burden. I feel like I can breathe again! Thank you Jesus!!
- Wedding plans are in full swing with my little sister! There was talk of a destination wedding at first, possibly Mexico, but I think they’ve settled on a Colorado wedding instead. Things are still very much in the air in terms of dates and venues and whatnot, but I know it’s going to be amazing! We’re going on our fist official venue hunt this weekend and I’m super excited! We’re checking out the following 4 venues this weekend:
I may or may not have taken the above 2 photos 😉
- I started using Moroccan Oil on my hair a few weeks ago, a fun gift my sister gave me and I love it so much I had to blog about it! The smell is amazing and I love how it makes my hair feel-it’s so soft and shiny! You only use a pea size, so a bottle of this will last forever. Definitely worth asking Santa for… 🙂
- I’m so not feeling Halloween this year. I’m pretty much the Scrooge of Halloween. I haven’t even bought candy yet! David wanted to carve a pumpkin tonight and I actually heard myself say “that sounds stressful” Bahahaha what?! Sorry babe, please proceed with the carving, I’ll just sit back and observe if you don’t mind, so as to not stress myself out. 😉