- I’ve been feeling an extra measure of gratitude for David these days. Lately, I’ve had a lot of friends-of-friends who have lost their husbands due to strokes, car accidents and other crazy things. Just yesterday I was scheduling a patient at my job who just found out her husband had brain cancer. Gulp. I’m hugging David a little extra tighter these days.
- Speaking of my job, this coming week is my last week of working to the bone with my 2nd job! As of April 1st, my life will go back to (almost) normal. It’s so close I can almost taste it.
- I am so incredibly humbled by this… but I got 3 IUI’s worth of Menopur donated to me by a fellow IFer who has decided to change her protocol. That’s almost $3,000 of medications my friends. I just…I can’t…I don’t even have words to express how humbled and grateful we are. David and I are taking this as a sign that we should keep walking forward in faith. IUI#5 will be sometime in the near(ish) future!
- 2 words: pie pops. My sister is having pie pops at her wedding dessert table. Heck yes!
- Speaking of the wedding, I’m not sure I’ve given a proper update on wedding plans! Lots of stuff is in place! The venue….a gorgeous log home situated in the mountains of Breckenridge.
The catering….Chipotle (how awesome is this?! I’ve been to SO many weddings with horrible food, but Chipotle?! Yessss please!!) The flowers…soft pastels, succulents and neutrals, something of this variety:
The bridesmaids dresses….totally up to the bridesmaids, we just have to find something neutral and short
The photographer… a hand picked friend of mine who I trust completely. My sister was not allowed to work outside of my will in this area haha! The centerpieces… beautiful flowers in wooden boxes lined down banquet style tables (hopefully some chunky farm tables, but we’re still working on that one).
I think it’s going to be a gorgeous wedding, just 4ish short months left! 🙂
- We’ve been enjoying lots of skiing these days. We have one more week left of David’s ski resort reviews. I know that 20 years from now, we’ll look back on this winter and say “Man we had it good back then.” We skied at 10 different ski resorts…for free! For free! And not only that, but someone actually was paying us to ski for free! It doesn’t get any better than that! We’re so so so grateful that we got this wonderful opportunity!
- I’ve got beaches on the brain. Depending on how things go in the getting pregnant department, we’ve decided that a beach vacation should definitely be in our future. I’m thinking the Dominican Republic. David gets 3 weeks of vacation time this year…so I think a longer vacation is in order 😉
- A little trip to Asheville, NC may also be in our future this spring or early summer. David is currently trying to convince his editors that he should do an on-location story on the craft brewing industry in Asheville. It’s very similar to what we have here in CO and it would make an interesting story…we’re crossing our fingers that his editors agree!
- I got my tax refund back for my 2012 business taxes. Guess how much? $1.20. And then we still owed on our personal taxes. 😦
- We’re in the midst of a little blizzard here in CO. There’s 7 inches on the ground as I write this and it’s still furiously snowing. Today will be spent snuggled up inside with hot cocoa, I love snows days 🙂