- We just through one heck of a three day storm here in CO. We got close to 18 inches where I live! Many people were pretty upset about the snow. Yes, it’s April. Yes, snow makes it hard to drive. Yes, it’s cold. Yes, it should be 60 degrees instead of snowing. But, our state seriously needed this snow. Last summer, it felt like the entire state of Colorado was on fire and I for one, would love to see things go differently this summer. And for that to happen, snow is essential. So I’m a happy little snow bunny 🙂
- A friend of mine just emailed me today to tell me that she just had a miscarriage. I didn’t know she was pregnant, but she said she lost the baby at 9 weeks. She said she wanted to tell me because I’ve been “through it all” and hopefully could help her through this. Gulp. I guess I’ve been through it all (well, not really. But I’ve been through a lot), so to speak. And yet, I found myself at a loss for what to say. I mean, is there really anything you can say? Nothing makes it feel better. No words can take away the pain. I guess the only thing to do is help validate her feeling and let her know that I’m praying for her. Still, I hate feeling inept at helping people.
- I booked my first 2014 wedding! It’s hard to explain unless you’re self-employed, but knowing that you will have income in the following year is such a relief! I fully believe the success of my photography business lies firmly in God’s hands. He gives me the clients and income and He can just as easily take them away. So a wave of gratitude washed over me when my clients handed me their check at our meeting. I’m absolutely giddy that I get to do this job for another year. Thank you God for your provision!
- Last week, I had one of the most amazing moments of my life. So I love love LOVE animals. But I have a particular affection towards farm animals. Goats, sheep, cows, donkeys-I love them all. David has put up with my obsession for the last 10 years with such patience and occasionally he’ll even match my enthusiasm. Whenever we are in the car and pass a field (which is umm… always because we live in ag-land and we’re surrounded by farms), both hands come flying off the steering wheel as I point and scream “COW!” “Oh my gosh babe, look that that BABY DONKEY!!!!!!” “Ahhhhhhhh!!!! PONY! Hi, Pony! I love yoooooooou!!!” I’m being dead serious. This is what I do on a daily basis. So when my brother in-law’s birthday rolled around and I heard he wanted to go to White Fence Farm in Denver, I was stoked because David told me they have a little barn out back with animals. We parked and I pretty much ran to the barn. And then I died. OH MY GOODNESS. Adorableness everywhere. Not only did I get to pet them, but I got to feed them too! It was probably in the Top 10 most amazing moments of my life. Right up there with my wedding day 😉
- I finally broke down and bought an iPad. Thankfully, I could expense it to my business! It’s been such a fun little distraction! The most distracting part has been watching my kitties try to figure out what it is….
- Boston has been heavy on my heart. I just can’t imagine what motivates people to go to such lengths to terrorize and kill. It makes me long for a world of peace. Maybe I’ll get to witness that in my lifetime. That would be amazing.
- Spiritual warfare has really been on my heart lately too. I’m sure to those of you who aren’t Christians, this sounds like a bunch of hocus pocus. But I believe there are forces at work in this world, good and bad. There is so much that goes on behind the scenes.”Things are not as they seem” as John Eldredge would say. I’m just feeling really convicted to pray against satan and his stupid schemes to try and bring us down. There is absolutely a method to his madness as he tries to keep us in bondage. It’s a yucky mess, but I’m thankful that we hold power through Christ to stand up and fight against it. Jesus wins in the end anyway 😉
- I have made very little progress with the guest room. I managed to order a canvas for the wall and we bought a bed frame, so I guess that’s something! The canvas is of the lyrics from one of my favorite Hillsong songs. Which by the way, Hillsong is coming to Red Rocks this summer for a concert and I am soooo going!
Hope y’all have had a great week so far, have a blessed weekend! 🙂