- My bestie came to visit! Now that she lives in Mexico, it’s a rare and wonderful thing to see her face in person. She stayed with us for 2 days and then we played in Denver a lot with some of our dearest friends from college. These girls have been there through thick and thin over the last 11 years. They’ve seen me at my worst (Helloooooo past 6 weeks!) and my best and they’ve loved me through it all. I’m so blessed to have them in my life!
- Progress on the guest bedroom is slow. I had great expectations for having it done before Caitlin came to stay with us, but I was lucky enough to just get linens on the bed. Still to purchase: furniture, pillows, curtains and decor. The good news is that I settled on a color scheme….coral, terquoise/light blue and dark brown. That’s like the biggest step for me when I’m dealing with a blank slate! I did find a gorgeous quilt that I’m going to use as the piece I build around. The colors just make me happy 🙂
- For the first time in our marriage, I planted flowers. I’m pretty good at killing plants, so this was a big scary step! I cleared an area in our front yard for a flower bed and also collected a few cute flower pots for the front porch. So far, everything is alive! We’ll see how long that lasts….
- We went to the Hillsong concert at Red Rocks a few nights ago. I really like Hillsong, but I’m not a big concert person. I don’t like all the standing, all the people, all the loud noises and all the stairs you have to climb (have you been to Red Rocks? We easily climbed 100 flights of stairs to get to our seats). But I definitely felt the Holy Spirit telling me I should go to this concert. I’m so glad we did! It was an amazing night with 9,000 other believers. We left so encouraged and full of hope. It was definitely a good thing for us!
- I found my bridesmaid dress! Eeeeek! I went into Anthropologie looking for a dress for my sister’s bridal shower and walked out with a dress for the wedding… It’s absolutely lovely! I mentioned before my sister is letting each girl pick out her own dress, it just has to be somewhere in the ivory/champagne/cream family. I originally thought I’d like a one-shoulder dress, but the second I put this one on, I knew it was The One! Best thing about it is that I can wear it anytime. Woo!
- I wish I could, but I can’t really go into details…so I have to be super vague. Last week we had something really bad happened. Like, really bad. Then something really good happened this week that will hopefully get us away from the really bad thing that we are still dealing with. How’s that for vague? So could y’all just pray that the really good thing overcomes the really bad thing? 🙂 Hopefully I’ll be able to share more about this whole thing soon….
- And lastly, I must swoon over baby farm animals. My associate photographer photographed a wedding at a farm recently and the bride and groom wanted to do their pictures with baby goats. Eeeeee! I LOOOOOOVE baby goats! They’re so happy! They just bound around, jumping on things and nuzzling things. When I saw her pictures I was overcome with joy and I decided I had to share.
Bahahaha! Eventually they started eating the bride’s bouquet 🙂