- Driving is going to be in my near future! YAY! I miss it sooooo much! I miss the freedom, the ability to do whatever I want, whenever I want. My surgeons felt like the first week of June would be a good time to ease back into it and since my dizzy spells have virtually vanished this past week, I feel very confident that driving is in my near future! I probably will just stick to side roads and little trips around town in the beginning. And of course, I’ll be driving with David in the car before I feel comfortable enough to venture out alone!
- My sister is getting a puppy!!! She is the sweetest little squishy nugget I’ve ever laid my eyes on and I am excited to be her aunt! She is an English Labrador and she should be coming home in the next 2 weeks! I’m going to show up unannounced (since I will be able to drive bwahaha) and take her on long walks in the park and feed her lots of treats and spoil her rotten, because that’s what puppy aunts do! I fully intend on training her how to be a real Colorado dog, which of course means hunting squirrels, playing in rivers, climbing mountains and relaxing by campfires. Precious little punkin, I love her so much already!!
- David’s brother is getting married this week to his beautiful fiance (she’s from Costa Rica and we love her bunches!) outside of Breckenridge. It is going to be an intimate affair with delicious cake and yummy food. I’m so thankful that I am feeling well and will be able to attend and celebrate with my family!
- Before I left for California, I bought myself a new shirt to hike in, knowing it would be a loooong time before I ever got to wear it. I wanted something to keep me motivated to stay on track with my vestibular therapy, focus on healing and keep getting stronger. One walk around the block eventually turns into a mile around the neighborhood. One mile turns into three. Walks turn into nature walks which turn into hikes. This has been a great motivating tool to help me stay focused on getting better. I’ve been feeling soooo good this week, I think it won’t be too much longer now before this pretty little shirt and I are out on the trail!
- This is the longest I’ve ever gone without taking photos with my camera. If the darn thing didn’t weigh more than I’m allowed to lift, I would have picked up my camera weeks ago. I find myself craving this creative outlet in a way I didn’t know existed. When I go out for a walk, all I do is look for unique light, patterns, reflection, colors, lines. It’s almost like I don’t know how to look at the world anymore without thinking about photos. I can’t wait to have that beautiful piece of metal and plastic back in my hands. 9 more days to go! Since I don’t have many elopements on the calendar this year due to my surgery, I’m going to fill all my free time with practicing more landscape photography. Here’s to a summer full of learning, failing, growing and practicing!
- I was only there for 10 minutes, but I got a taste of being back in the mountains this weekend. Sweet David drove me to one of my favorite places and we walked around for a little bit, took a few pictures, admired the pine trees, blue sky, mountain air and beautiful lake. It gave me the tiniest taste of what will hopefully lie ahead this summer. I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but I can’t help but to hope for a few hikes, drives and adventures in the mountains this summer and fall. God’s creation has always been my favorite place to heal and find restoration.